Forza 7 is just months from launch. Read the latest news on Forza Motorport 7 release date, price, game features and more.
Forza 7 is shaping up to be the most realistic racing game yet
Forza 6 came out in September 2015 and some people thought its successor would be launched a year later. However, because of the staggered release schedule, it was the more arcade-y Forza Horizon 3 which appeared in 2016.
When is Forza 7 coming out?
Forza Motorsport 7 release date: 3 October 2017
Given Forza’s history, it was a fairly safe bet that the game would be announced at E3. And it was, as part of the Xbox briefing on 11 June.
And we now know when we’ll be able to play it: its release date is 3 October 2017. Buy the Ultimate Edition, however, and you’ll get early access from 29 September.
Will Forza 7 be on PC as well as Xbox and PS4?
Yes it will. Forza 6 Apex was the first Forza title to appear on the PC, being released as a free game in May 2016 as a beta, then as a full game (still for free) in September. So Forza Motorsport 7 will be the first full paid-for version which will launch simultaneously on Xbox and Windows 10.
In fact, it will be one of the launch titles for the new Xbox One X (formerly known as Project Scorpio) on which it will run at 4K at 60fps. It’s also coming out for the Xbox One. It won’t be on PS4, in case you’re wondering.
What will be improved in Forza 7?
Many things have been improved to make this arguably one of the best-looking racers yet. Here are some of the highlights.
We’ll add gameplay videos as soon as we can. Dynamic weather and lighting: As seen in plenty of other games, you now have changing weather conditions during a race. While Forza 6 introduced rain and night racing as modes, the new system means weather can change during a race.
New cars: It was always a given that there would be new cars, but the numbers are now (almost) ridiculous. There are 700 cars in Forza 7, so there really should be plenty of metal you’ll love driving. There’s everything from the latest Porsche 911 to old-school open wheel machines.
Turn 10 has worked hard on creating a customisable character, with both male and female options, lots of race suits, helmets and – for older cars, leathers and driving goggles. The character appears in car, obviously, but also in the game menus and to other players. At last you have a personality in Forza.
Better realism: Thanks to the extra performance available on the new Xbox One X and PCs, Forza 7 should be one of the most realistic racing games you’ve ever played. From imperfections such as scuffed helmets to rattling rear-view mirrors and windscreen wipers, the level of detail goes far beyond any previous Forza title.
Better sound and music: Audio is absolutely crucial in any driving simulation, just as are realistic physics.
Turn 10 is promising better and more realistic sounds, having been able to sample real race-car gearbox whine and give a much better sense of the lack of sound-proofing. There’s no cinematic score this time around: now it’s the kind of rock music you’d expect to hear in a real-world car garage. Work has been done to better integrate this into the game, so when you’re taken from the main menu to your in-game garage, the music loses its full-bodied spectrum and sounds more tinny as if it’s coming from a radio.
And while you’re racing, you’ll hear the music in pulses as you flash past the track’s speakers.
New driver assists: In order to draw in new players, Turn 10 has added new assists and options to make the game more accessible to non-racers. For example, you can adjust how much slowdown there is when driving off track.
So those new to the game, or even the genre, don’t have to be penalised for not keeping all four wheels on the tarmac.
No motorbikes: It was rumoured that bikes would be added for fans of two, rather than four wheels, but as of yet, there’s no mention of them in the game.
Here are the models which have been revealed thus far, including modern supercars as well as classic muscle cars and pre-war racers.
- 2013 Ariel Atom 500 V8
- 2016 Ariel Nomad
- 1958 Aston Martin DBR1
- 1960 Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5
- 1977 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
- 1998 Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600
- 2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
- 2008 Aston Martin DBS
- 2010 Aston Martin One-77
- 2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato
- 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
- 2013 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
- 2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT12
- 2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
- 2017 Aston Martin DB11
- 2014 BAC Mono
- 1992 Bugatti EB110 Super Sport
- 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
- 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO
- 1948 Ferrari 166MM Barchetta
- 1952 Ferrari 375
- 1953 Ferrari 500 Mondial
- 1957 Ferrari 250 California
- 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
- 1963 Ferrari 250LM
- 1964 Ferrari F-158 F1
- 1967 Ferrari #24 Ferrari Spa 330 P4
- 1968 Ferrari 365 GTB/4
- 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT
- 1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P
- 1976 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 312T2
- 1982 Ferrari #71 Ferrari France 512 BB/LM
- 1982 Ferrari #72 N.A.R.T.
- 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
- 1987 Ferrari F40
- 1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione
- 1990 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 641
- 1992 Ferrari 512 TR
- 1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
- 1995 Ferrari F50
- 1996 Ferrari F50 GT
- 1998 Ferrari #12 Risi Competizione F333 SP
- 1998 Ferrari #30 MOMO Doran Racing F333 SP
- 2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello
- 2002 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
- 2003 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
- 2004 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
- 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
- 2008 Ferrari California
- 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
- 2010 Ferrari 599 GTO
- 2010 Ferrari 599XX
- 2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 458 Italia GTC
- 2011 Ferrari FF
- 2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta
- 2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale
- 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
- 2014 Ferrari #51 AF Corse 458 Italia GTE
- 2014 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 458 Italia GTLM
- 2014 Ferrari California T
- 2014 Ferrari FXX K
- 2015 Ferrari 488 GTB
- 2015 Ferrari F12tdf
- 2012 Hennessey Venom GT
- 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
- 2015 Koenigsegg One:1
- 2016 Koenigsegg Regera
- 2013 KTM X-Bow R
- 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400
- 1986 Lamborghini LM 002
- 1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV
- 1988 Lamborghini Jalpa
- 1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
- 2008 Lamborghini Revent?n
- 2010 Lamborghini Murci?lago LP 670-4 SV
- 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
- 2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
- 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
- 2013 Lamborghini Veneno
- 2014 Lamborghini #14 GMG Racing LP 570-4 Super Trofeo
- 2014 Lamborghini #18 DragonSpeed Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo
- 2014 Lamborghini Hurac?n LP 610-4
- 2014 Lamborghini Urus
- 2015 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Hurac?n LP620-2 Super Trofeo
- 2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV
- 2016 Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4
- 1956 Lotus Eleven
- 1966 Ford Lotus Cortina
- 1967 Lotus Type 49
- 1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
- 1976 Lotus #5 Team Lotus 77
- 1990 Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
- 1999 Lotus Elise Series 1 Sport 190
- 2000 Lotus 340R
- 2002 Lotus Esprit V8
- 2005 Lotus Elise 111S
- 2009 Lotus 2-Eleven
- 2011 Lotus Evora S
- 2012 Lotus Exige S
- 2016 Lotus 3-Eleven
- 1939 Maserati 8CTF
- 1953 Maserati A6GCS/53 Pininfarina Berlinetta
- 1957 Maserati 300 S
- 1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage
- 1997 Maserati Ghibli Cup
- 2004 Maserati MC12
- 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S
- 2014 Maserati #35 M.Calamia Swiss Team MC Trofeo
- 2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
- 1966 McLaren M2B
- 1969 McLaren #4 McLaren Cars M8B
- 1976 McLaren #11 Team McLaren M23
- 1988 McLaren #12 Honda McLaren MP4/4
- 1993 McLaren F1
- 1997 McLaren F1 GT
- 2011 McLaren #59 McLaren GT 12C GT3
- 2011 McLaren 12C
- 2013 McLaren P1
- 2014 McLaren #60 Bhaitech 12C GT3
- 2015 McLaren 570S Coup?
- 2015 McLaren 650S Coupe
- 2015 McLaren P1 GTR
- 2010 Noble M600
- 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
- 2010 Pagani Zonda R
- 2012 Pagani Huayra
- 2016 Pagani Huayra BC
- 1955 Porsche 550A Spyder
- 1957 Porsche 356A Speedster
- 1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
- 1970 Porsche 914/6
- 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
- 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
- 1987 Porsche #17 Porsche AG 962C
- 1987 Porsche #17 Porsche Dunlop 962C
- 1987 Porsche 959
- 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
- 1993 Porsche 928 GTS
- 1995 Porsche 911 GT2
- 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion
- 2003 Porsche Carrera GT
- 2004 Porsche 911 GT3
- 2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
- 2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
- 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
- 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
- 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
- 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
- 2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
- 2015 Porsche #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid
- 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
- 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4
- 2017 Porsche #1 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid
- 2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo
- 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
- 2011 Radical SR8 RX
- 2015 Radical RXC Turbo
- 2004 Saleen S7
- 2016 Spania GTA GTA Spano
- 2005 TVR Sagaris
- 2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020
- 2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport
- 2016 Zenvo TS1
- 1968 Abarth 595 esseesse
- 1934 Alfa Romeo P3
- 1950 Alfa Romeo 158
- 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
- 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
- 1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
- 1939 Auto Union Type D
- 1959 BMW 507
- 1957 BMW Isetta 300 Export
- 1953 Chevrolet Corvette
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
- 1960 Chevrolet Corvette
- 1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409
- 1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport
- 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe
- 1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport 396
- 1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster
- 1967 Dodge Coronet WO23
- 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
- 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI
- 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
- 1969 Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe
- 1952 Fiat 8V Supersonic
- 1932 Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe
- 1940 Ford De Luxe Coupe
- 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon
- 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
- 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
- 1967 Ford Falcon XR GT
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
- 1951 Holden 50-2106 FX Ute
- 1967 Honda RA300
- 1959 Jaguar Mk II 3.8
- 1961 Jaguar E-type S1
- 1956 Jaguar D-Type
- 1954 Jaguar XK120 SE
- 1945 Jeep Willys MB
- 1968 Lancia Fulvia Coup?
Rallye 1.6 HF
- 1939 Mercedes-Benz W154
- 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coup?
- 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR
- 1967 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL
- 1949 Mercury Coupe
- 1965 MINI Cooper S
- 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432
- 1966 Nissan Silvia
- 1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
- 1968 Opel GT
- 1958 Plymouth Fury
- 1965 Pontiac GTO
- 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
- 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
- 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
- 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
- 1963 Volkswagen Type 2 De Luxe
- 1967 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
- 1967 Volvo 123GT
- ^ see more by Jim Martin (www.techadvisor.co.uk)
- ^ Forza Horizon 3 (www.techadvisor.co.uk)
- ^ 30 most anticipated games of 2017 (www.techadvisor.co.uk)
- ^ Forza 6 Apex (www.techadvisor.co.uk)
- ^ Xbox One X (www.techadvisor.co.uk)
- ^ ?49.99 on Xbox One (www.game.co.uk)
- ^ Ultimate Edition for ?79.99 (www.game.co.uk)
- ^ pre-order the PC versions (www.microsoft.com)
- ^ here (www.techadvisor.co.uk)
Posted: Mon 6:42 PM, May 22, 2017 |
Updated: Mon 6:49 PM, May 22, 2017
The Town of Lakeville is looking for a new identity after the rerouting of U.S.
“The traffic count went from about 26,000 cars down to about 5,000 cars per day,” said Carol McDougal with the Lakeville Redevelopment Committee. While the highway was the town’s traditional lifeline for years, Lakeville was one of five communities across the United States to win a Cool and Connected Planning Grant.
“The idea that the Town of Lakeville could use this grant to create more digital inclusion for all of the patrons in the area all the people that’s exciting,” said Rachael Schoonaert with the Lakeville Library Branch. The library has stopped the practice of sending late notices via the U.S. Mail and Lakeville hopes to turn what is now one of its worst weaknesses into one of its greatest strengths by improving internet access.
“I know what the town people would love, and that’s free Wi-Fi but I don’t know if that’s entirely possible,” said McDougal.
It’s possibly ironic that the completion of the town’s online grant application was followed by a three day internet outage, and equally ironic that the dark fiber broadband Metronet line that potentially holds the key to the town’s future follows the lifeline of the past–the old U.S.
“We just we need more options and we have broadband that runs right down the center of town, Metronet runs right through town, so it goes all the way from South Bend to Plymouth and we hope to take advantage of that situation,” said McDougal. “If we had different types of services that businesses can take advantage of, it might make the town more appealing to a new business that would want to move into town.”
A delegation from Washington, D.C. (USDA and EPA) will come to Lakeville this week and talk about all the options the town has to become a broadband community. Public input is being sought Wednesday night from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the fire station.
The Cool and Connected grant won’t pay to help the town tap into the dark fiber line, but once the plan is in place, the town will be connected with federal programs that do deal with financing.
Questioning NZ’s actual fastest broadband cities
Claims by Chorus that it has the country’s top ten cities for ‘fast, fixed line broadband’ have been questioned by New Zealand’s three other Local Fibre Companies. Chorus’ data clearly ignores 120,000 plus fibre broadband users connected in the cities where the ultra-fast broadband network operator is Northpower Fibre (Whangarei), Hamilton-based Ultrafast Fibre or Enable (Christchurch). Northpower Fibre CEO Darren Mason says, “In our communities around a third – if not more – of families and businesses are now connecting to fibre broadband.
We have some of the highest fibre uptake in the country.
“Adding all these connections to the equation in Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Whanganui, New Plymouth, Tokoroa, Hawera, Cambridge, Te Awamutu and Whangarei would have a dramatic impact on the true top 10 list.”
Northpower Fibre’s average download connection speed for households and small businesses in Whangarei is 101.9Mbps, over Enable’s network in Christchurch it’s 101.7Mbps and Ultrafast’s average across eight Central North Island towns and cities is 86.5Mbps.
“We congratulate Chorus for having the fastest download speed in Dunedin – they are deserving of that position today,” says Enable CEO, Steve Fuller.
“Dunedin was the first town to have 1Gbps services available in New Zealand – but the three of us were the first to launch 1Gbps across our entire networks.
We are seeing demand increase all the time for faster and faster fibre broadband services – and we embrace the challenge of taking the lead off Dunedin.”
Mr Mason adds, “We’re not going to stop at 1Gbps – Northpower Fibre recently completed a live trial with Calix to prove our network is capable of achieving speeds of 10Gig in a business and residential environment.”
Ultrafast CEO, William Hamilton says, “Over 80 percent of all new fibre broadband customers on our networks are demanding over 100Mbps speeds and we’re talking thousands of new customers each month.
“There are three network providers – intrinsically linked to their local regional communities – that are driving these communities to embrace fibre broadband at a tremendous rate for the economic and social good of our cities.
“Open access fibre networks have changed the telecommunications landscape in New Zealand and consumers deserve to have access to correct data, which is why Northpower Fibre, ourselves and Enable have released these figures today.”
The Local Fibre Company top cities for fibre connection download speeds
1 / Whangarei – 101.9Mbps (Northpower Fibre)
2 / Christchurch -101.7Mbps (Enable)
3 / Hamilton – 95.9Mbps (Ultrafast Fibre)
4 / Hawera – 87.9Mbps (Ultrafast Fibre)
5 / New Plymouth – 87Mbps (Ultrafast Fibre)
6 / Whanganui – 83.8Mbps (Ultrafast Fibre)
7 / Cambridge – 81.6Mbps (Ultrafast Fibre)
8 / Te Awamutu – 80.7Mbps (Ultrafast Fibre)
9 / Tauranga – 79.3Mbps (Ultrafast Fibre)
10 / Tokoroa – 75.3Mbps (Ultrafast Fibre)