Nokia 7 Plus Release Date & Specification Rumours
The Nokia 7 was announced in China in October, but there’s still no word on a UK release. Meanwhile talk has turned to the possibility of a Nokia 7 Plus, which is rumoured to be announced later this year. The rumour stems from an APK file for the Nokia camera app, which alludes to several Nokia phones, including the previously unheard of Nokia 4 and Nokia 7 Plus.
The Nokia 7 Plus has since shown up on Geekbench with a Snapdragon 660 and 4GB of RAM, and press renders leaked via @evleaks (shown at the top of this page) allude to an 18:9 display, a dual-camera, a rear fingerprint scanner and the fact it runs Android One.
We would guess that the Nokia 7 Plus is a tweaked and larger version of the Nokia 7.
The standard Nokia 7 has the following core specification:
- 5.2in full-HD (1920×1080, 423ppi) IPS display with Gorilla Glass
- 7000-series aluminium chassis
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor
- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage, microSD up to 128GB
- 3000mAh battery
- ZEISS Dual-Sight dual-camera, 16Mp/5Mp, 1.12um, f1.8, dual-tone flash
- 5Mp front camera, 1.4um, f2.0, 84o FOV
- Nokia OZO Audio
- Android 7.0 Nougat with monthly security updates
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Fingerprint sensor
When is the Nokia 7 Plus release date?
There is no information yet as to when Nokia will announce the Nokia 7 Plus.
We know it has big plans for MWC 2018 in February, but given that the Nokia 7 has not yet been announced for the UK we’d be surprised to see this smartphone launched outside of China.