Orange opens PoP in Cape Town and Johannesburg
Orange has opened two large-capacity IP and IPX points of presence in South Africa. The facilities are located in Cape Town and Johannesburg, and will “enhance Internet and mobile connectivity in the region by offering faster connection speeds and improved reliability for wholesale customers”. Orange said it can provide wholesale customers, notably telecoms operators and ISPs, with:
- Three routes with protected backbone network.
- Improved QoS by providing content closer to customers.
- Optimised mobile services QoS.
“This fully-redundant IP and IPX PoP is a secure solution that will help facilitate the development of this region,” said Orange.
“With the opening of these new PoPs, Orange has now enhanced its position as a major Internet and mobile services connectivity enabler in South Africa.”
- ^ has opened (www.orange.com)
- ^ Internet Solutions expands Parklands data centre (mybroadband.co.za)