Linux 4.14 released
Features of version 4.14 include:
- Heterogeneous Memory Management – allows GPUs to access an application’s memory space.
- No kernel firmware in the tree.
- Improvements from Red Hat to make Linux a better Hyper-V guest.
- Preparation for Intel’s Cannonlake processors.
“Go out and test the new 4.14 release, that is slated to be the next LTS kernel – and start sending me pull request for the 4.15 merge window,” said Torvalds.
Now read: Microsoft unveils AI CV assistant
- ^ version 4.14 (lkml.org)
- ^ The Register (www.theregister.co.uk)
- ^ Microsoft unveils AI CV assistant (mybroadband.co.za)