Parks Associates: 21% of US Broadband Households Use Wellness, Fitness, or Diet Apps
3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Parks Associates today announced new digital health research1 showing that 21% of U.S. broadband households use a wellness, fitness, or diet app. The firm’s research reveals moderately positive NPS scores for these apps, with 38% of respondents likely to recommend them to a friend or family member, while 23% are hesitant to do so, resulting in an overall NPS of 15.
“NPS scores for wellness apps are below those for other, more mature industries such as tablets or online entertainment services,” said Harry Wang2, Senior Research Director, Parks Associates. “There are also great variations by app brands, with Fitbit scoring the highest NPS at 32.
The wellness app industry has a lot of catchup work to gain consumer trust, and key to their future success is to focus on delivering an excellent user experience through customization and personalization.”
Parks Associates will examine the personalization of healthcare through IoT and smart tech during the fourth-annual Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers3, August 29-31 in San Diego. The event will address business strategies and consumer demand regarding connected health and virtual care. The conference will also provide strategic insights into service innovations, consumer engagement, care accountability, and platform design to determine successful approaches in the deployment of connected health solutions.
Wang will moderate the session “Precision Medicine: Customizing Healthcare through IoT and Smart Tech4” at 8:45 a.m. on Wednesday, August 30. This opening panel will look at how the healthcare industry will translate the precision medicine concept into practice and what business opportunities are available for technology providers. Joining Wang on the panel are the following speakers:
- Kari Hall, VP, Global Services, ResMed Software as a Service (SaaS) Business, ResMed
- Phillip LaJoie, VP, Operations, 2bPrecise
- John Mattison, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer, Kasier
- Sreeram Ramakrishnan, Ph.D., VP-Health and Business Analytics, UPMC Insurance Services
- Rick Valencia, President, Qualcomm Life
The session “Healthcare UX: Designing the Best Customer Experience,”511:15 a.m. on August 31, invites leading healthcare and UI design organizations to discuss their digital service platform innovations and their impact on the customer experience, patient engagement, and care outcomes. The panel features the following speakers:
- Scott Plewes, VP, User Experience, Macadamian
- Stuart Slutzky, Chief, Product Innovation, Humana Wellness Solutions
- Kevin Yamazaki, CEO, Sidebench
The fourth-annual Connected Health Summit provides in-depth analysis and discussion on the implications of the connected healthcare revolution and the resulting consumerization of healthcare.
Event sponsors6 include Independa, iQor, Reemo Health, AARP, Alarm.com, BodiMetrics, Macadamian, mPulse Mobile, PokitDok, ULE Alliance, Vivify Health, Z-Wave, California HealthCare Foundation, Best Buy, Good Samaritan Society, Rapid Response Monitoring, Freeus, and MobileHelp Healthcare.
Registration is open7 for the fourth-annual Connected Health Summit and media8 are invited to attend. For more information, visit www.connectedhealthsummit.com9. To schedule an interview with an analyst or to request specific research data, please contact Julia Homier at rel=”nofollow”>email@example.com, 972-996-0214.
About Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers analyzes the role of innovative connected health solutions in driving changes in consumer behaviors as well as healthcare systems, insurers, and hospital networks. The event focuses on four areas of consumer health, which require active consumer participation to be successful: remote health monitoring for accountable care, consumer-centric wellness and fitness solutions, independent living technologies and services, and innovative convenience care models.
Subscribe to Parks Associates’ digital health newsletter at http://www.parksassociates.com/newsletters_subscribe11.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/parks-associates-21-of-us-broadband-households-use-wellness-fitness-or-diet-apps-300499001.html12
SOURCE Parks Associates
- ^ new digital health research (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Harry Wang (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Precision Medicine: Customizing Healthcare through IoT and Smart Tech (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ The session “Healthcare UX: Designing the Best Customer Experience,” (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Event sponsors (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Registration is open (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ media (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ www.connectedhealthsummit.com (www.connectedhealthsummit.com)
- ^ @CONN_Health_Smt (twitter.com)
- ^ http://www.parksassociates.com/newsletters_subscribe (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/parks-associates-21-of-us-broadband-households-use-wellness-fitness-or-diet-apps-300499001.html (www.prnewswire.com)