Categories

Mexican fixed broadband penetration reaches 48% of homes

The number of fixed broadband subscribers in Mexico reached over 16.1 million at the end of March, up 7.5 percent from a year earlier, according to the latest figures from regulator IFT. Fixed telephony subscriptions were up 3.8 percent over the same period to 20 million. This brings broadband penetration to 48 percent of household and fixed lines at 60 percent of homes.

IFT also updated its TV subscription figures, showing a stable base of 19.5 million and penetration of 59 percent of households. Satellite TV subscriptions accounted for 56 percent of the total, while cable TV subscriptions represented the remaining 44 percent.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.