LibreOffice 5.4 launched – New features
The Document Foundation has unveiled 64-bit and 32-bit versions of LibreOffice 5.4. BetaNews reported that the office software comes six months after the release of LibreOffice 5.3. The report stated that LibreOffice 5.4 is the last major release of the 5.x family.
It features improvements across the board, including better compatibility with Microsoft Office document formats.
New features include:
- New colour palette based on the RYB model.
- File format compatibility improvements, including better support for EMF vector images.
- Higher quality rendering of imported PDF files.
- OpenPGP key support for signing documents in Linux.
- LibreOffice Writer adds new context menu items.
- Support for pivot charts in Calc.
- Create custom watermarks for documents.
- Extra sheet protection options.
LibreOffice Productivity Suite 5.4 is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- ^ BetaNews (betanews.com)
- ^ Windows smartphone-sync feature now available for iPhone (mybroadband.co.za)