Everything you need to know about Telkom’s HOMEunlimited packages
Telkom’s new HOMEunlimited packages are aimed at moving customers away from capped broadband services to uncapped offerings. The fibre, ADSL, and VDSL packages offer good value in the form of a bundled deal, and their pricing includes line rental, unlimited data – with an FUP – and a free mobile SIM with data. Telkom has also included free Telkom voice calls in the packages.
The company’s website states that the deals are available as 24-month contracts or as month-to-month deals, with the latter not including the free modem the contract deals enjoy.
|Package||FUP||Mobile Data||Price p/m|
|100Mbps Uncapped (Fibre Only)||6,000GB||3GB||R1,699|
- Free line rental.
- Free Telkom-to-Telkom calls – mobile and landline.
- Free installation and wireless router.
- Free mobile data SIM.
- Discounted calls to top 30 international destinations.
- Includes CallCatcher, IdentiCall (CLIP), WaitingCall, and CallAnswer (Voicemail).
- Nighttime data usage – midnight to 07:00 – does not count toward FUP.
Telkom’s fair-use policy on its uncapped products, as defined in its terms and conditions, is detailed below.
- FUP Level 1 (50% of quota value) – The customer will be throttled to approximately 50% of their product speed for the 2 hours of highest demand daily until rollover.
- FUP Level 2 (75% of quota value) – The customer will be throttled to approximately 25% of their product speed for the 4 hours of highest demand daily until rollover.
- FUP Level 3 (100% of quota value) – The customer will be throttled to an 8th of their product speed or 384kbps (whichever is higher) until the following rollover date, except during NightSurfer.
Access to Telkom.co.za and banking sites will not be throttled at any level, said Telkom.
Telkom added that from 31 August, existing uncapped customers will automatically be upgraded to the new unlimited packages.
“Customers will be upgraded from 2Mbps to 4Mbps and from 4Mbps to 8Mbps or 10Mbps respectively,” said Telkom.