Twitter gives users more control
The most important updates which Twitter is rolling out include:
- Increased transparency: Expanding Twitter Data to give users access to their Twitter information, including demographic and interest data.
- New controls: New Personalisation and Data settings that offer more granular control over how Twitter uses their subscribers’ data.
- Personalisation: When a user logs in, Twitter will associate their device with their account.
- Web data: Twitter has expanded on how it uses and stores data from other websites that integrate Twitter content.
- Data sharing: Twitter has updated how it shares non-personal, aggregated, and device-level data, including through some select partnership agreements.
“Privacy is built into our DNA as a company and it’s something we take an active role in promoting and advocating for across the world,” said Twitter.
- ^ Twitter has launched (blog.twitter.com)
- ^ Twitter to show all-day live sports and news (mybroadband.co.za)