Southeast Asia B2C E-Commerce Market 2017: Driven by Increases to Broadband & Mobile Connectivity
With estimated growth rates in the double digits, Southeast Asia is leaving its mark on the worldwide E-Commerce scene. E-Commerce accounts for a very low percentage of total retail sales in this region, however, increases to broadband and mobile connectivity in combination with a consumer openness to online retail leave market potential high. Third party sources cited in the report confirm that the region’s online retail is expected to include a strong double-digit figure in USD billions by 2025.
This trend is also catching hold amongst national governments, who have also implemented various programs to boost their local E-Commerce. Indonesia has the biggest and quickest growing online retail market in Southeast Asia. Thailand’s E-Commerce market ranks second and also has the highest rate of M-Commerce penetration. Nearly half of online spending in Thailand came from M-Commerce in 2016.
Regarding Singapore, it contains the region’s most advanced E-Commerce market, the largest B2C E-Commerce share of total retail sales, and the highest Internet penetration and speed. Malaysia also has a robust Internet user penetration, however, only about one in three of them made purchases online. Vietnam and the Philippines contain relatively nascent, but rapidly developing online retail markets. Key Questions Answered
- What is the market size of B2C E-Commerce in Southeast Asia?
- Which countries in Southeast Asia lead by online retail sales and growth rate?
- What predictions are made regarding the future of B2C E-Commerce in Southeast Asian economies?
- Which devices, products, and payment methods do Southeast Asian online shoppers prefer?
- Who are the most important competitors in Southeast Asian B2C E-Commerce?
- 11street Co. Ltd.
- aCommerce Co.
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd
- Amazon.com Inc
- Ascend Commerce Co. Ltd.
- Ayala Corporation
- Central Group
- Deutsche Post AG
- Elevania ID
- FPT Corporation
- Facebook Inc.
- Giosis Pte. Ltd.
- Instagram Inc.
- LINE Corporation
- Lazada Group SA
- MasterCard Inc.
- Mobile World JSC
- OLX Inc.
- Paypal Inc.
- RedMart Ltd.
- Tiki Corporation
- Tokopedia PT
- VNG Corporation
- Visa Inc.
- Zalora Group
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Regional Overview
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9c46tq/southeast_asia Media Contact:
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/southeast-asia-b2c-e-commerce-market-2017-driven-by-increases-to-broadband–mobile-connectivity—research-and-markets-300464512.html
SOURCE Research and Markets
- ^ http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9c46tq/southeast_asia (www.researchandmarkets.com)
- ^ [email protected] (www.prnewswire.com)
- ^ http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/southeast-asia-b2c-e-commerce-market-2017-driven-by-increases-to-broadband–mobile-connectivity—research-and-markets-300464512.html (www.prnewswire.com)
- ^ Link to http://www.researchandmarkets.com (www.researchandmarkets.com)