Rockwell Collins to Offer Inmarsat’s Global Xpress Broadband Service to Govt Aviation Customers
Cedar Rapids, Iowa-based Rockwell Collins said Monday3 it currently delivers Inmarsat’s GX service and Jet ConneX4 in-flight connectivity offering to commercial and business aviation customers under previous VAR agreements. David Poltorak, Rockwell Collins vice president of business and government aviation services, said the addition of GX will help the company provide command and control, flight deck and mission support services to government customers. Inmarsat’s GX service5 is currently supported by three Ka-band broadband communications satellites and the fourth satellite, which was launched this month6, will start operations later in 2017.
- ^ Rockwell Collins (blog.executivebiz.com)
- ^ Inmarsat (blog.executivebiz.com)
- ^ said Monday (www.rockwellcollins.com)
- ^ Jet ConneX (www.inmarsat.com)
- ^ GX service (www.inmarsat.com)
- ^ launched this month (blog.executivebiz.com)