Atlantic Broadband Announces Enhanced Home and Business WiFi Services
QUINCY, Mass.–(Business Wire)–Atlantic Broadband1, the nation’s 9th largest cable operator, today announced it is launching powerful new home and small business WiFi services this month. Both offerings will utilize cutting-edge technologies to deliver the best possible WiFi coverage, the fastest possible speeds, and dramatically improved wireless video streaming capability.
Whereas traditional WiFi networks rely on a single access point, these new Enhanced Home and Business WiFi services are enabled by state-of-the art wireless mesh access points (APs) from AirTies, a leading international provider of premium wireless solutions. Today, there are now over seven connected devices in the average U.S. home including laptops, smartphones, thermostats and webcams. And, they are being used in every corner of every room, making it a big challenge to get a strong and consistent WiFi signal where it’s needed or desired. Atlantic Broadband’s new Enhanced Home WiFi service solves this problem with:
- A seamlessly extendable wireless mesh network that provides complete WiFi coverage, no matter the size or shape of a home.
- Video stream prioritization that eliminates buffering, allowing customers to experience the ultimate wireless streaming experience.
- Advanced capabilities like WiFi noise cancelling and connection steering so customers always get the best possible signal – in the kitchen, walking about the house – even in condos or apartment buildings.
- An easy to use app for customers to monitor and manage their own home network.
“My experience with the new Enhanced Home WiFi from Atlantic Broadband has been exceptional,” said Miami Beach resident and small business owner, Jason Yedwab. “The speed increase is so fast that my family and I no longer experience buffering when uploading or downloading files on our devices. I work from home and it allows me to work in previous service ‘dead zones’ throughout my house so I am more productive.
We couldn’t be happier with Atlantic Broadband and its Enhanced Home WiFi solution.”
For small businesses, a fast and secure internet connection is critical to success, and this connectivity is required everywhere – including warehouses, sales floors, waiting rooms and offices. Today, these small businesses typically set up their own WiFi network with a store-bought device and then struggle to optimize and manage their WiFi connection on their own. With the new Atlantic Broadband Enhanced Business WiFi service also launching this month, businesses will have the tools and support they need to be more productive and successful, including:
- The latest WiFi ‘AC’ protocols, which deliver superior network speeds.
- A wireless mesh network with multiple access points that can be located anywhere near a power outlet to provide complete WiFi coverage throughout the entire business.
- A handy management app that makes it easy to set up a separate, secure guest network in an office or waiting room.
- Professional installation to optimize placement and coverage combined with advanced tools for remote troubleshooting along with 24/7 support.
“In today’s device-centric world, having a high-performance WiFi service as you move around your home or office is just as important as having the fastest possible broadband connection,” said Atlantic Broadband’s President and Chief Revenue Officer, David Isenberg. “Whether they want to stream a favorite show, Skype with family members, collaborate around a conference table or connect a point-of-sale device, our new WiFi services provide customers with fast, reliable and un-interrupted service anywhere in their home or business.”
About Atlantic Broadband:
Atlantic Broadband, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cogeco Communications Inc.3 (TSX:CCA), is the 9th largest cable operator in the United States, based on the number of television service customers served. The company currently provides TV, Internet, and Phone services to approximately 246,000 television service customers located in five operating regions: Western Pennsylvania, Miami Beach, Maryland/Delaware, Aiken, S.C., and Eastern Connecticut. Atlantic Broadband is headquartered in Quincy, Massachusetts.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170502005452/en/5
Matter Communications for Atlantic Broadband
Diane Carragher, 978-518-4509