Fallen tree causes disruption as wet weather hits south west Wales
THIS was the sight greeting residents of New Dock Street in Llanelli as they woke up this morning. A tree fell into the road in the middle of the night as the wet weather rained down on south west Wales. There was no damage caused to vehicles parked on the road, but the tree collided with a telephone wire, meaning there will be some disruption this morning to parts of the town in terms of internet and telephone service.
Superfast Broadband Cymru are currently at the scene, and a Dyfed-Powys Police Officer is also present, awaiting the arrival of Carmarthenshire Council. A clean-up operation is now expected to take place during the day.
People living nearby were out on the streets this morning having a chat to officers about the issue. Today, the Met Office is predicting a fairly damp and cloudy start for the country with patchy light rain and drizzle through the morning.
It may brighten up a little during the afternoon with some sunny intervals in the east, with a maximum temperature of 20 C.
There will be patchy cloud and some clear spells overnight, although with outbreaks of rain and drizzle continuing in places, feeling muggy in the south-east, with a minimum temperature of 15 C.
- ^ Comments (0) (www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk)
- ^ More rain fell in Swansea on first day of August than any other day this year (www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk)
- ^ Friends hook SEVEN-FOOT SHARK just yards away from popular Welsh beach (www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk)
- ^ CLICK HERE (www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk)
- ^ Robert Dalling (www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk)