- Expand by connecting up to 7 USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer
- Market leading VIA hub controller chipset for maximum compatibility and performance
- Includes 4A Power Adapter for both UK and EU Mains
- Supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5Gbps. Backwards compatible with all USB 2.0/1.1 devices and hosts
- Supports USB 3.0’s 900mA power per port. USB overcurrent detection and protection
Connect up to 7 USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer. Featuring the latest VIA VL811 USB 3.0 hub chipset for maximum compatibility and performance. The hub is easy to use and connect, with an attractive, solid, compact design and per-port LEDs.
Compatible with all USB 3.0 hosts, including Windows 8 and earlier, Mac 10.8 (see note below), and all recent Linux kernels. Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0 and 2.0/1.1 hosts and devices. The hub requires no driver install (although individual devices will, as usual). Compatibility notes:
* 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
* Some USB 3.0 devices require a direct connection to host USB 3.0 ports, including some USB 3.0 hard disks.
* On sleep, Mac OS X 10.8 disconnects USB hard disks attached to USB 3.0 hubs. We recommend connecting directly to your Mac or disable sleep.
The hub has data transfer rates up to 5Gbps allowing data to move quickly between devices. It is ideal for connecting peripheral items such as USB hard drives, flash drives, and USB video adapters.
Comes with premium 5V 4A power supply for supporting not just USB 2.0 500mA power, but also USB 3.0’s more demanding 900mA per port for today’s power heavy devices, making it one of the most powerful USB hubs on the market. Power management features USB over-current detection and protection.
Not a standalone device charger: No functionality for charging iPad, iPhone, or other tablet and smartphone devices.
In the box
USB 3.0 7-port Hub (VIA VL811 Hub Controller), 5V 4A AC desktop-style power adapter with both UK and EU Mains, 2.5+ meter hub to wall extension cord and 90cm USB 3.0 Cable.