Poynting has launched its new RF antenna testing facility in Samrand, South Africa. Poynting is known for its high-quality designs and products, with their superior performance the result of continuous testing and innovation. The company’s drive to continually improve has necessitated the commissioning of a new testing facility which is custom-designed to suit Poynting’s stringent requirements for antenna performance measurement and characterisation.
Antenna performance is not easily quantified by end-users and performance is often overstated or inaccurately portrayed by manufacturers. The new antenna testing facility includes a custom-designed and manufactured anechoic chamber which allows testing from 450MHz to 5 GHz. Testing facilities like these are often outsourced by manufacturers, and Poynting’s decision to have its own facility was based on the need for extensive and thorough testing
This article was published in partnership with Poynting.
Gearbest is offering the REXSO Explorer K action camera for only £79.99 in its latest flash sale. To qualify for the discount, use the coupon code GBELEKXX when checking out.The sale is limited to 100 units and ends on 4 January 2018. The REXSO Explorer K is a 4K action camera that is waterproof up to 30m without housing.
It features a Huawei HiSilicon HI3559 chipset, integrates an advanced image signal processor, and supports the RAW format. The camera is also equipped with a six-axis gyroscope for better image stabilisation, and it detects real-time motion and movement compensation.
More great tech deals on Gearbest
Gearbest is also offering discounts on a wide range of tech, includingremote-controlled quadcopters, brushless FPV racers, remote-controlled cars, and MJX bugs.
Remote-controlled quadcopters – 20% off
This offer includes the SIMTOO Dragonfly Drone Pro, which is as big as two books when folded and weighs 1.2kgs. It offers transmitter-free operation using an 8-channel smart GPS watch. It is also capable of 4K aerial photography, featuring a 16MP camera, 170-degree FOV, 3-axis gimbal, and level 4-6 wind resistance.
Brushless FPV Racers – 20% off
Included in this deal is the HolybroKopis 1 Brushless FPV Racing Drone, which has a Stretch-X 3K carbon fibre frame and a 5mm ultra thick chassis. Its Kakute F4 AIO flight controller and BLHeli-32 30A ESC work with the powerful T-MOTOR AIR40 for improved acceleration, while theRunCam Swift Mini 600TVL CCD camera produces high image quality in various conditions-and has a 150-degree FOV with 0 to 90-degree adjustable camera tilt.
Remote-controlled cars – 19% off
The deal includes the JJRC Q39 Highlander 1:12 4WD RC Desert Truck, a 4WD brushed RC desert truck equipped with high-torque servo. The front and rear differential are placed up and down respectively, and it features four independent shock absorbers.
Its 19g servo generates 1kg torque for acceleration and climbing performance, and it has a 2.4GHz proportional control system.
MJXBugs quadcopters – 30% off
Get 30% off all MJX Bugs quadcopters when using the coupon: MJX30OFF when checking out, limited to the first 300 units. Included in the deal is the MJX B3 Bugs 3 RC Quadcopter that is customisable and comes with a bracket that fits various sports cameras.
It features a two-way 2.4GHz radio system, has an 1,800mAh high-capacity battery, and 300-500m control distance. The nylon-fibre airframe withstands impactwell and protects the internalelectronic components, while separate ESCs have protective programs preventingthe motor locking and overheating. Gearbest is also offering customers a chance to receive even greater discounts with a smartphone purchase from Gearbest.
To qualify, simply like the @ZAGadgetReviews Facebook page. If you are a first-time buyer and need assistance with your purchase, you can find Gearbest’s South African-based partner on the MyBroadband Forum as GearBestZA. For more information, visit the Gearbest website.
This article was published in partnership with Gearbest.
- ^ REXSO Explorer K action camera (tracker.mybroadband.co.za)
- ^ remote-controlled quadcopters (tracker.mybroadband.co.za)
- ^ Brushless FPV Racers (tracker.mybroadband.co.za)
- ^ remote-controlled cars (tracker.mybroadband.co.za)
- ^ MJX Bugs quadcopters (tracker.mybroadband.co.za)
- ^ Facebook page (tracker.mybroadband.co.za)
- ^ Gearbest website (tracker.mybroadband.co.za)
I was walking my IoT the other day when this AI came up to me asking about IT’s relevance in a world of VR and VAR. I 4G’d at the absurdity of such a question. Everyone knows you can’t begin to #3-D print without some form of PhD.
Duh. Today’s technology is advancing faster than most people can decipher logic from hogwash in the previous sentence. With Samsung’s new offering, you don’t need to understand any of the complicated terminologies offered up be tech geeks.
Bixby is a recently launched, highly intelligent virtual assistant for smartphones, which offers a new way to interact with your phone. Its smart interface makes engaging with your device, services and apps more intuitive and seamless. Simply put, Bixby will be there for you at 2 o’clock in the morning when neither of your friends is up for a two and half hour telephone conversation.
Here are ten things you don’t (and need to) know about Bixby.
- Bixby is gender neutral. Bixby can be modified to speak in either a female or male voice. (Like Ironman you can have your own F.R.I.D.A.Y or Jarvis)
- Bixby is customisable, meaning you can switch off your phone’s alarm in the morning, have the weather for your city read back to you, and have a recipient of your choosing receive a warm and fuzzy good morning text, simply by using a voice shortcut like “good morning Bixby.”
- Bixby understands the way you actually converse without having to resort to that robotic-speak. It even understands cross-application commands.
For example, you could ask Bixby to “send the picture just taken to Mom,” Bixby will know which photo you are referring to and will text it to your mom.
- Bixby is no quitter.
Even when Bixby does not understand the request, instead of giving up, Bixby will ask for more information to be able to complete a task.
- With comprehensive functionality, Bixby lets you switch from voice command to touch, vision, text and back to voice. In other words, if you don’t want Bixby talking back to you, you can use the app or touch to perform the same tasks. Should you opt for the voice function, you can have Bixby type out an email simply by dictating it.
Bixby can even read it back to you, and if you feel edits should be done, Bixby can edit it for you.
- Bixby doesn’t forget. Bixby Voice records all of the questions you ask, along with all the answers that it has delivered in response. You can then look back at something you’ve asked in the past.
You can pull up these archives from within the Bixby app.
- Bixby Vision allows you to translate texts, search for images in the way your camera sees images (similar to Google reverse search) and shop for those items.
- Bixby pays attention. It learns your daily patterns, speech type and preferences to improve and give you better results.
- Bixby can handle complicated tasks like opening an app in a split-screen view, rotating misaligned photos, reminding you where you parked, playing videos on a nearby TV, and composing emails. It can even gather all the photos you took last week into a new album labelled “Vacation” and share it with your friends.
- Bixby can perform two-step actions like, “Call an Uber and text the details to my mother” or “Open Instagram and post my most recent photo.”
Already Bixby has over 10 million users worldwide and that number is set to grow exponentially when Samsung integrates Bixby into its other smart appliances like Tvs and web operating fridges.
Whether you have a walkable IoT, a PhD in IT or simply use your device as a mobile office, Bixby is here to make your life easier in the process.
This article was published in partnership with Samsung.