The International Consumer Electronics Expo South Africa (ICEES) kicked off in Johannesburg this week. The expo took place from 23-25 November at the Sandton Convention Centre. ICEES is aimed at promoting consumer electronic industry cooperation between South Africa and China, and caters to traders, developers, retailers, and consumers.
Products on display at the expo include communications devices, PC hardware, software, gaming consoles, data storage products, smart home gadgets, and more. Photos of ICEES 2017 are posted below.
- ^ rAge Expo 2017 – Johannesburg and Cape Town dates confirmed (mybroadband.co.za)
Civil engineering company John Henry Group has hailed the growing deployment of fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) broadband. According to Mark Heraghty, Non-Executive Chairman of the firm, FTTP is the best “future-proof” broadband option for the UK. Speaking to ISPreview.co.uk, he pointed out that 96 per cent of of the UK is already receiving superfast hybrid fibre/copper (or similar) networks.
However, Mr Heraghty said these networks do still have limitations, particularly if a household wants to enjoy access to high-definition streaming.
“As the devices that provide these services also become more affordable, this will increase the strain on the final third of the copper network (into the home/premises),” he commented. Mr Heraghty added that demand for bandwidth will keep growing as people’s appetite for smart electronics, thermostats, fridges and products such as the Amazon Echo is increasing. This, he said, is pushing up the demand for bandwidth in residential areas, hence the growing need for FTTP.
“People’s homes are becoming more intelligent,” Mr Heraghty observed.
The Technological splits included within the report include Circuit-Switched, Packet Switched (VoIP), Laptops, Desktops, Narrowband, Broadband, PSTN/POTS, ISDN, xDSL, Cable, Fixed Wireless Access, Fiber Optic (FTTH/B), WiMAX and others.
– Agency -.
WiseGuyReports published new report, title “China’s Fixed Communications Market Outlook”.
“China’s Fixed Communications Market1 Outlook to 2022: Volume and Revenue Analytics of Service Adoption and Access Lines” is a comprehensive research report outlaying volumes of Voice Telephony Subscriber Lines, Personal Computers, Internet Users, Internet Accounts by Subscription Band, IPTV/Video Subscriber Lines and the number of Access Lines in China. The research report also provides Service Level Revenues from 2013 to 2022 at segment level.
– Agency -.
(Wherever applicable). Analysing the fixed communication market penetration in China in terms of population, it has been observed that the penetration of the narrowband subscriber lines has been declining during the period 2013-2016 while the penetration of the broadband subscriber lines was showing an inclination. The former registered a CAGR of -14.45% in the historic period while the later recorded a CAGR of 14.97%. By 2016, the penetration of the broadband subscriber lines reached to 21.76% of the total population in China.
Apart from Subscriber’s volume, Access Lines and Service revenue information, the report also provides insights in to China’s demographic and economic data. This helps in establishing a framework to better formulate the fixed communications market forecasts. Information such as population, nominal GDP, consumer price inflation and currency exchange rates are included to ascertain market sophistication, current and projected demand, and future opportunities.
– Service splits under the Fixed Communication market of China include: Voice Telephony, Personal Computers, Internet Accounts and IPTV/Video
– Service Revenue within the Fixed Communication market is split by: Voice Service Revenues, Internet Service Revenues (Narrowband and Broadband services) and IPTV/video service at segment level.
– Technological splits of Access Lines include: PSTN/POTS, ISDN, xDSL, Cable, Fixed Wireless Access, Fiber Optic (FTTH/B), WiMAX
– Revenue data for Access Lines (Fixed Communication) include: Voice Service Revenues (Circuit and Packet Switched), Internet Service Revenues (Narrowband and Broadband services) and IPTV/video service.
– This report offers a concise breakdown of China operating environment, with forecasts till 2022.
– The report contains quantitative data which covers demographics, fixed communication market consumption data, total Service subscribers, total access lines used and revenue data by technology in China’s Fixed Communications market.
Key points to access
– Allows you to analyze Fixed Communication market in China split by technology.
– Enhances your knowledge on the usage and service revenue generated in the fixed communication market at category level.
– Allows you to plan future business decisions using the report’s forecast figures for the market.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 China Demographics
3 Fixed Communication Services Penetration in China
4 China Service Adoption
5 Access Lines by Technology
6 China Voice Usage (Total)
7 China ARPS & Per Minute Pricing
8 Fixed Communications Service Revenues in China
Wise Guy Reports 3
Category: Market Research Publishers and Retailers4Company profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs.
Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services …
For more information: