Uni Necessity: Broadband that Works
Posted 23 September 2013 by Erin Lee
Since I started my Chemical and Energy Engineering degree back in October of 2010 we ve flipped-flopped between Sky and Virgin internet and TV services almost annually. Both services never quite seem to keep up why Hubby and I need them the most in the evenings. I admit that the nature of our internet usage has changed a bit over the years we watch more Netflix1 than traditional television, we have tablets and smartphones which we use to read blogs, play games, and catch up on BBC iPlayer2 and the like.
I m pretty sure we re not alone.
Even a decade ago, University life was changing. Instead of looking through loads of paper journals, students were searching online databases for keywords. Now, I regularly access monstrously large texts such as Perry s Chemical Engineers Handbook through online resources like Knovel3. (Instead of opening the doorstop of a book hiding underneath my desk.
It s seriously as thicker than your average brick. Plus the e-book version is fully searchable!)
Needless to say I need Broadband that works and I want a provider that isn t Sky or Virgin. Which led me to BT.
- Unlimited connection
- Fibre optic broadband
- Unlimited weekend calls to landlines
- BT Sport online – showing 38 live Premier League football matches
- BT SmartTalk App Making it free to call 0845, 0870, 0800 numbers for free from your mobile
- Unlimited access to BT Wi-fi Great for tablets!
The two tier offer includes Unlimited Infinity + Calls for just 20 a month for download speeds up to 38MB or Unlimited Broadband + Calls for just 16 a month for speeds up to 16MB.
Even better, if you re a mature or postgraduate student who needs broadband that works year round, like me, once your 9 months are up the price for Unlimited Infinity + Calls is only 23 each month.Even better, if you sign up for a student deal by the end of October you can enter to win one of their 5 ultimate student entertainment packs worth 2000!
The prize includes:
- Samsung PS43F4500 43 inch Plasma TV HD Ready
- Samsung HT-F4500 BluRay Theatre System 5.1 Black
- Nikon Coolpix S9050 compact 12.1 Mpix 15.5x optical zoom
- Xbox 360 S Console With 250GB HDD
- 4 x Apple iPod shuffle 4th generation 2GB Silver
- Free 9m contract length broadband & calls
- 300 Sainsbury s vouchers
Disclosure: I am BT Student Ambassador and am being provided with a subscription for review.
- ^ Netflix (netflix.com)
- ^ BBC iPlayer (www.bbc.co.uk)
- ^ Knovel (knovel.com)
- ^ BT Student Deal (www.bt.com)
- ^ Official Rules & Entry Form (www.wf-site.com)