Hear Kiefer Sutherland's take on Snake in 'Metal Gear Solid 5' intro …
Earlier this year, Metal Gear Solid fans learned that longtime voice actor David Hayter would not be reprising his iconic role as Snake / Big Boss in the latest installment. Hayter had been replaced by 24 star Kiefer Sutherland, who series creator Hideo Kojima said1 could more capably portray an older version of the character from Metal Gear Solid 3 and Peace Walker. “We’re taking on some heavy subjects, like race and revenge. As a result, I wanted Snake to have a more subdued performance expressed through subtle facial movements and tone of voice, rather than words,” said Kojima.
But can Sutherland pull off the role?
- ^ series creator Hideo Kojima said (www.polygon.com)
- ^ first saw last year at PAX (www.polygon.com)
- ^ has some more details (www.polygon.com)
- ^ gameplay videos (www.youtube.com)
- ^ this compilation (www.youtube.com)