WHO: Verizon Wireless1, operator of the nation s largest 4G LTE network2 and largest, most reliable 3G network
WHAT: Verizon Wireless recently expanded fourth generation (4G) Long Term Evolution (LTE) network coverage3 in several communities within Middlesex, Norfolk and Worcester Counties.
4G LTE empowers Verizon Wireless customers with compatible devices4 to surf the Web, post status updates and photos, and download files wirelessly at speeds up to 10 times faster5 than customers on 3G networks.
WHERE: Verizon Wireless first debuted its 4G LTE network in Metro Boston in December 20106, and expanded again in August 20117. Recently, the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network further expanded within the following Middlesex, Norfolk and Worcester County communities:
BACKGROUND: 4G LTE is changing the way customers interact with the world via next generation apps, devices and solutions, commented Dave MacBeth, Executive Director of Network for Verizon Wireless. By investing in wireless broadband, we re investing in local communities and economies where our customers live, work and play.
As of May 1, the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is available to more than 287 million people in 491 markets across the U.S., representing more than 95 percent of the companies 3G coverage.
For a full list of 4G LTE markets please visit: www.verizonwireless.com/lte8.
- ^ Verizon Wireless (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ 4G LTE network (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ network coverage (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ compatible devices (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ 10 times faster (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ December 2010 (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ August 2011 (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ www.verizonwireless.com/lte (cts.businesswire.com)